Thursday, January 25, 2007


Kestrel Estate Viognier 2003


Winery: Kestrel

Varietal: Viognier

Appellation: Yakima Valley

Alcohol: 13.5%

Cost: $20.00


Still in the middle of pulling out wine from the cellar, culling the herd if you will. I took my 14 month old daughter down to the cellar this evening and she grabbed the Viognier. It has been unseasonably warm lately, so I figure the kid is trying to tell me something.
I've always liked Kestrel's wines. They have a fun little tasting room in the Bavarian town of Leavenworth WA, along with a tasting room and winery in Prosser, WA. This wine was nice. Color pale straw. The aroma is citrus. Flavor, lemons and limes. This wine makes me look forward to a nice sunny summer day.

2 comments:

JamaJama said...

great post. I had a great wine theother night and forgot to write it down. Will do next time so you can actually try it.

JamaJama said...

Ok Jason... today I am finishing off a bottle of 3 Blind Moose. cabernet Sauvignon, 2004, California. Not bad. 3blindmoose.com