Wednesday, January 24, 2007


Falesco Vitiano 2003


Winery: Falesco

Varietals: Sangiovese, Merlot, Cabernet

Cost: $11.99


I was busy cleaning out parts of my wine cellar and came upon this bottle of wine. I think I purchased this from Costco one day and it has been sitting in my cellar since probably sometime in 2004. When I opened this bottle up, it smelled really rich and good. The color was deep ruby, and I was looking forward to the first small sip. I took a sip and ... nothing. No taste what so ever. Very very strange. It tasted like I was drinking a glass of water. Since I've been sick alot lately, I had the wife take a little sip to see if she could tasted anything. The wife has super senses and again, this wine had no taste.
I decided to wait about an hour and try again to see if anything developed. -- Nope. no taste. So in the end, this baby got poured down the drain. I might try this wine again if I see it at Costco, but I definitely won't wait 4 years to give it a try.

No comments: